Done and did it again

Hey folks.

I done did it again.

I threw a little shin-dig this weekend, and i was jamming that new Outkast CD, and managed to rip the foam surround. It is a tear along the driver cone, about 2-3 inches in length. That's what i get for running 200 WPC into some 50W radio shackers.

I am planning to upgrade to something better anyways, but that is not for a little while yet. I certanly dont want to send them in and pay the costs for repairs.

Does anybody have a reccommendation for repair? Im thinking of maybe lining the driver cone edge where the tear is with a little epoxy.

any reccommendatios?
slappy
If you're thinking you might not get to your upgrade soon, a $50-$100 or so solution might be to find a pair of Cerwin Vegas in your local classified paper -- they'll take a TON of punishment, not sound shameful, and get you by for a while. Sell them for the same or a hair less when you're done with them. As for the tear... try electrical tape. Outkast? Can't help you there (too Nu!) Try some old-school metal like Kreator or Testament. Wait, you had friends over. Never mind.
i second the duck (duct) tape, followed by a stress test with some NIN "the fragile" (don't forget the kleenex :)
dude, are you in the south? (no offense) i never heard anyone say "done did it" until i moved down here to north cackalackey.........
Third the duct tape. If that doesn't work well then go with a glue (epoxy) and some other cone material from a junk car speaker or something.
Not from south good man, however, i DO come from a long line of rednecks.
Fortunatly i did not follow down that dark path. hahaha
SOLUTION! READ ME: the best stuff for a permanent cheap forever repair:
Get a tube of black urethane roofing cement. the good stuff.
It is really sticking coming out of the tube, and a mess if you start getting it on you. BUT, it dries into a thin, super flexible membrane. PERFECT for those stupid rotting woofers that you just want to work.
Just smear it carfully onto the surface of the surround, as thin as you can do it. Where it is ripped you can even put a thin bit of fabric tape to bridge the gap. let dry for at least two full days. And NEVER worry about those surrounds again.
I am serious. I used it on my Infinitys and it was just what I wanted.