Disappearing Speakers Sound Better To You ?

Do you get more enjoyment hearing your speakers imaging "outside or around" their physical boundries, or if you hear your speakers playing "more or less" directly from themselves ?
My Dahlquist DQ30I's sound a little of both. I'm sure recordings influence this affect as does the time and phasing of a given speaker. TAS mentioned this in a recent review of the big Sonus Fabers which brought this thought to my attention.
128x128rx8man
Sberger
There are several comments I have read of speakers that do this quite well in a conventional Box.

Jean Marie Reynaud (JMR) is one ,but they are hard to get an audition of because they come from France and are imported to NYC if you are in the US.

Magnepans and Quads I think are great speakers, but finicky as to the amps to use.

I know there are plenty of others. I bet DeCapo's and Green Mt. Europa's do a fine job as I have read good things, but where I am it's hard to get an audition.

Good luck!
Sberger, chances are, it is simply your speakers. My previous speakers, PSB Stratus Goldi's, while wonderful sounding, never gave the illusion of disapearing. If you are upgrading, might I suggest considering the Merlin TSM-MM speakers? Based on my experience with the floorstanding VSM-MM's, I know these are worth considering.

Jason
Jwells & RX8

Have you tried of Roger Waters Amused to death?
If not do it and you're in for a nice "ear ride"... specially track 12 Three wishes is specially nice for "effects" listen to the mix of voices that makes the genie voice amazing, not bad for bass too always rises some hairs at my friends visiting...

I've been tweaking quite a lot my system specially vibration wise, as have improved the sense of disappearance improves Jwells I have the Golds and I have put them on bearings and got quite a nice sound improvement, my floor is mosaic....
Regards
The review by J.V. in TAS mentioned that the Stradivari Homage's sounded wonderful on "every type" of music despite the fact they did not disappear like the Kharma's, a trade-off ?
Sberger,
I agree that it's your speakers. Your electronics are definitely good enough to reproduce spatial information. The Paradigms just don't excel in that particular area compared to many other speakers.
Rather than touting my own favs, I'd suggest going to a good high end dealer and asking him to demo some systems that excel in this area, to make sure you have a sense of what others are talking about, and how important it is to you. Some(not me) don't give a hoot about spacial reproduction, and focus on timbre, timing, etc.
If you search the archives, you can find recommendations on great demo CDs & LPs to bring along that highlight good soundstaging & imaging. Cheers,
Spencer