Wilson Alexandria X-2 with ML N33???

Hello,

I waiting my new Alexandria X-2 from Wilson factory, and I'd like to know what is the best way to connect them to my system.
Now I have two pair of MarkLevinson reference amplifiers (N33 and N33H), and two reference preamp (N32).
Is it possible to connect Alexandria X-2 in bi-amp mode? (can I use two of my preamp in this case?)

Thank you for advice.
linn_audio
As a Wilson Owner I would talk to your wilson dealer or better yet call Dave Wilson before he comes out (doesn't he setup the X-2's personally if I remember correctly). That's a ton of power for such an effienct speaker.

What color did you order them in?
You cannot bi-amp the X-2’s. As Cytocycle, stated the X-2’s are very efficient. They could be driven easily with 50-100 watts. Even if you could use both, it would be overkill. As a current X-2 owner and former 33h owner, the X-2’s will knock your socks off!! Congratulations.
Mmalin is right about the X-2s being efficient. But, in my opinion, more power for the speaker may or may not be overkill. It depends on your room size and listening preferences (types of music and volume levels).

With my pair, I've found that more power and current improves the dynamics of the speaker. I use a pair of Spectral DMA-360 Universal monoblocks which deliver over 500 watts and 90 amps of current per channel into the 4 ohm load of the X-2s.

I'm guessing that the Levinson 33 amp will work better than the 33H with the Alexandrias, since the 33 has more power and current. But that's just speculation. I've never heard either amp on the X-2s.
I use X2's with 33's. I consider them to be the best overall amplifier for the speakers. DW uses 33's at home and can use anything he wants so draw your own conclusions.

BTW mine are the ultra high current version 240v 30amp and I have installed them with dedicated individual circuits and ground spike so they are not on the house earth loop. I also have recently used them with Transparent's Power Isolator XL's which given that the 33's regenerate their own power internally shouldn't make any difference, well they do and it's not subtle. I recommend you try them.

Also with the X2's make sure you use the 28.6 ohm woofer damping resistor and not the 32 ohm that the X2 ships with. Both are in the tool kit so its easy to swap them over.