Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Hi Lloydc, Man!, I feel gullable at times, I fell for that,thanks for the realization of the truth, I take this thread serious, I bet they are laughing off their chairs, good one fellows.
One company that uses 'older' DAC chips and pulls off amazing sound is AMR. Their reference DAC is not only available at a killer price but also offers amazing results, very musical, detailed and pleasing!
@mattnshilp. Yes that would be me I have the resonessence invicta dac. I use the sdxc card ps to listen to most of my music. I have someone upconvert my music to dsd using KORG audiogate and I use the sdxc cards that are 128gb and can hold about 30 albums in dsd. My friend Bob Spence recommended this option to me. I'm going to purchase the 256gb to get 60 albums on each. I prefer not to have my dac run through my computer. The sdxc cards allow me to do that. I love this dac and it will be with me for a long time. I heard the psaudio against it and it held its ground pretty good. I'm happy and won't be changing it. Great detail, weight, soundstage and imaging. Highly recommended!!!
Yes, the best thing about the Invicta is the built in SDXC TRANSPORT. This is the cleanest transport out there, really. I wish 1TB cards were out and were affordable.