High End Audio-Gaining Higher Ground?

This is a spin off from a meeting held by audio designers where the primary discussion was about high-end audio and how to get the younger generation interested & involved in high-end audio. One of the speakers mentioned that his son was not the least bit interested in his rig and if something was to happen to him, his son stated it all would be put up for sale on Ebay.

I thought it would be interesting to put this discussion forth to this audio community and to get opinions on the above subject. Are audiophiles a dying breed and what could rekindle this hobby for all new generations.
phd
"Ultimately, what's the difference between Gwyneth Paltrow blogging about the 16 different products she puts on her face to let her natural beauty shine and a group of audiophiles describing ultra high end footers and how it let's them hear the music?"

Different hobbies.

Hobbies are hobbies. The only thing they have in common is is what the particular hobby enthusiast finds interesting.

It's nice to have a little time at least to waste on something I suppose. I like many hear am a sucker for good sound, so I find high end audio interesting. What better way to waste time than talking about what is high end or not. :^)
Economic globalization will turn out to be a blessing most likely.

We are all less prone to fight when in the same economic boat together. That's a good thing I think.

When people come together, in any way, it is usually a good thing. The exception of course would be sexually transmitted diseases. :^)
I like many hear am a sucker for good sound, so I find high end audio interesting. What better way to waste time than talking about what is high end or not. :^)

I do too! I've been into high end audio since the mid 80s when I was a teenager. Sure, why not. It's at least constructive instead of destructive behavior. :D
Would be hard, VERY hard , to be more wrong Mapman.
You have no concept of levels of analysis.
Minorl, sugar is sweet to an infant as to an adult. Bitterness requires a learning curve.