Buiding listening room from scratch - need advice

I am finally in a position to build a dedicated listening room in a new addition we are building onto our home. It will be in the basement and the room will be about 12' x 18'; not huge but the most space due to some limitations. I plan to hire Rives to consult on the design of the actual space. What I am looking for is recommendations on equipment. This will be a two channel setup with a turntable, cd player and ability to play computer audio. I am looking for a new amplifier, preamp, speakers and interconnects. I will probably have about $25k to $30K to spend on equipment depending on how the rest of the renovation goes. I have listened to a few setups with Moon electronics and B&W and Sonus Faber speakers. I actually preferred the Sonus Fabers over the 802Ds even though they had a $75K stack of equipment powering them versus the Sonus Fabers that had $20K stack. Lastly, I am intrigued by Wilson Audio Sashas and Lamm hybrid amps that I have read about on Audiogon - never heard them. Okay, that is the background, please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance!
128x128mmporsche
Google "constructing a listening room" You'll note dimensions are where some companies start--but--you have stated your dimensions-so work with them. Don't make the room smaller for better dimension sake - use techniques to maximize the sound from as large a room as you have available, 12X18. What is your exact ceiling height-assuming at least 2x 5/8 inch drywall using Green Glue for vibration reduction? And read Green Glue website, ASC and other manufacturers of listening space products. What will you floor with? I assume your basement has a concrete floor. I respectfully suggest you use area carpets? They are cheap, attractive and you may find more tan 1 a benefit.
LOUD means you will want room treatment to make it enjoyable.
It would be helpful if you provide an estimate of how you think you might allocate your funds.
Put your estimate of value for speakers, amp, cables including powercords, ac isolation/conditioning , turntable interconnects, disc player (I think you must buy something that is also a dac with the flexibilty to handle your computer audio, radio feed,cd,dvd,etc. We know 32 bit processing is the future, for now, (is that oxymoronic) so keep it in mind; see Spectral Audio and Esoteric at least. (Processing is now reaching a level of diminishing returns so buying a good modern dac is worthwhile. What do you envision as your most used source? ( Um, I wish I had your challenge of new room & equipment!). Have fun :)
PS.You can make a wise speaker(s) choice buying quality mains with limited low frequency (particularly under 70/80 cps/hz). Buy 2 powered subs with 8- 10 inch woofers maximum and plan to crossover between 80-120, using variable roll off/cut off points and phase controls for fine tuning. Bass is the biggest problem in full range music in a 12 x 18 room and there is tremendous benefit using subs (for basic sound from your mains speakers as well.
We are in the early planning stages so I only have my first draft of plans. I was limited by a number of variables and 12x18 was the largest room possible. The floor will be concrete and I may use wall to wall carpet if tests the best choice. I have read about green products and thought that wax a hood step.

I have not broken down the budget for various pieces. I just know I want it to sound great. I may spend $30k or I may go to $50k if necessary. I just bought a 3-day pass to RMAF in October so that will be very helpful in my decisions.

I guess I'll have yo wait until October to make any decisions on equipment.