Efficient Floorstander

Hello,

I'm looking for an efficient floorstanding speaker. I currently have JM Reynaud Twin monitors. My present room is 13x24 with a cathedral ceiling. One side is open to another room. The concern I have, is that I may have to move to a smaller place in the future. So I'm looking for a speaker that can be used in a smaller room if that happens. I listen to Jazz, blues, rock. My amp is an Audiomat Arpege, 30 watts a channel. I'm pretty much homebound, so I really can't get out to listen.(elder care) Any suggestions, would really help to pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
John
jwlaff
I just looked at the Daedalus speakers online. Wow! They're beautiful. I like the 96db. Unfortunately it's over my budget. (which I neglected to say) I have about 5k to play with. I'd like to avoid the subwoofer path, and go with a floorstanding setup. 30 hz-35 hz would be great. Has anyone heard the Acoustic Zen Adagio? They seem like an easy load on an amp, and they're front ported, so if I do have to go to a smaller room, they might be ok closer to the front wall. I don't know, that's why I ask. The reviews seem good, but, it's just a review. lol. I really wish I could go out and hear some of these speakers, but it's just not possible right now. So I'm kind of on a wing and a prayer!
The Tannoy's look good Aprica, I'm wondering how they would be if I have to move to a smaller room. I read a review on Hifi Pig, and they really liked them.
Holley,
What do you think of the Zu Omen Def's in a smaller room than I have now. Would they work?
Zu's are nice speakers. I would recommend speakers that have adjustable bass like the Zu Def mk4's. If you move into a smaller room you can adjust the bass so it does not over power the room. Or if you like the speakers you already have just add a quality sub or 2 with adjustable gain/eq.

Either way adjustable bass will make changing rooms much less painful.