Efficient Floorstander

Hello,

I'm looking for an efficient floorstanding speaker. I currently have JM Reynaud Twin monitors. My present room is 13x24 with a cathedral ceiling. One side is open to another room. The concern I have, is that I may have to move to a smaller place in the future. So I'm looking for a speaker that can be used in a smaller room if that happens. I listen to Jazz, blues, rock. My amp is an Audiomat Arpege, 30 watts a channel. I'm pretty much homebound, so I really can't get out to listen.(elder care) Any suggestions, would really help to pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
John
jwlaff
The Tannoy's look good Aprica, I'm wondering how they would be if I have to move to a smaller room. I read a review on Hifi Pig, and they really liked them.
Holley,
What do you think of the Zu Omen Def's in a smaller room than I have now. Would they work?
Zu's are nice speakers. I would recommend speakers that have adjustable bass like the Zu Def mk4's. If you move into a smaller room you can adjust the bass so it does not over power the room. Or if you like the speakers you already have just add a quality sub or 2 with adjustable gain/eq.

Either way adjustable bass will make changing rooms much less painful.
I second Dodgealum and Daedalus, I understand about your price limits. We both answer threads regularly and recommend Daedalus. They are simply great speakers and my DA-RMAs are staying for good.

I changed from Acoustic Zen Adagios and I can recommend them too. Well finished, with a benign impedence and reasonable sensitivity, I think 89db if I remember rightly. I thought them very good for the price and was able to drive them with a 20 watt SET, so they should be OK with the Audiomatt, though you can never be sure, unless you try them in your room.

You still might look out for second hand Daedalus, or Lou at the company may know someone wanting to sell, to upgrade. They don't come up for sale often second hand, people don't sell them