Help: WPC for my speakers

I will try to keep this short. New to the hobby and already have upgraded speakers. I now have system audio 10s. They are 88 db and have 8-4 impedance. Min power 50 watts Max 135 watts.

Currently powered by 50 watt exposure super XV. I got the bigger sound, much better clarity and much better tone accuracy with the upgrade. What I lost was the pin point accuracy/ tight bass that my smaller system audios had. I believe this is do to the lack of power I have using the exposure.

Do you all think more power will solve these problems? Second I am looking at a DK design vs1 mkll by LSA group used. This amp would be 160 wpc at 8 ohms and 320 wpc 4 ohm. Will I have to be very carefull about over powering these speaker or should I be ok with this power
darkstar1
I'll try to address the last part of your question.

"Will I have to be very careful about over powering these speaker or should I be ok with this power."

A lot of people have a misunderstanding that amplifiers send power to the speakers when, in fact, the speakers draw power from the amplifier. When an amplifier has the potential of supplying more power than the speakers can handle there is potential that you could turn the volume up loud enough for the speaker to draw more power than it can handle, but it isn't likely unless you're looking to replicate rock concert volumes. More than once I've heard Focal 806v speaker hooked to Krell monoblocks capable of supplying 300 or 400 wpc at 8 ohms and even when they were turned up louder than I would ever choose to listen there were no issues. It is my understanding that more speakers are damaged from an amplifier not having enough power than from being overpowered.

I don't think that having more power will necessarily improve your perceived bass response. But having said that, any amplifier that doubles the power from 8 ohms to 4 ohms should eliminate any concerns about the amplifier being the issue. It appears that you're talking complete apples and oranges with the two amplifiers.
Thanks for the feedback.

Well I bought the speakers as demos. They could still be breaking in. In fact. I have heard them perform very well and other times they are off. I wrote it off as bad times on the power grid but breaking in period might also be the case.

They do throw a nice soundstage just not the pinpoint image the entry level System audio had. I did change the room so that is a a big factor I must address.

As to the power.... I think I have read other posts that pretty much express your view on power. I would like to try the mantras with more power. My last speakers had cracking tight bass. I have to believe theat moving up the line I would improve or retain that ability.

These speakers are rare in the U.S so I am not surprised no one knows them.
While it's apples and oranges to your system, I just picked up a Yaqin MC-30L tube integrated amplifier and in ultralinear mode it's rated for 50 wpc @ 8 ohms. Today, it packed ever bit as much punch as my Integra 50.1 receiver that is rated for 135 wpc @ 8 ohms.
Changing speakers will change the imaging. I am a big fan of imaging and find that all speakers image differently, usually the smaller the speaker the better the image. Also, Exposure has great tone and warmth but if you are after sharp imaging, I would look to another solid state design. You might like an Arcam A38, Naim 5ii...but for a great integrated I must recommend the Outlaw rr2150.
Weird because one I Have heard the exposure do razor sharp image with small speakers In a very large room. I Have heard that naim sound stage was weak but with good prat but I have never gotten to listen. I was hoping the extra power would help the bass and thus help great a bigger sound stage.