Your favorite musical non fatiguing speakers?

I've been auditioning speakers in the $5k to $8k range. I liked some of the Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, and even B&Ws in that range. Maybe it was the setup but in the back of my mind thought all of these could sound exciting but also fatiguing long term. And I'd hate to spend that kind of doe with that being the case.

I'm looking to use a solid state Cary amp and the tubed Cary SLP 05 pre for electronics FWIW.

From other threads I'm hearing Proacs Joseph Audio Aerials Harbeth and others may fit the bill. What are your favorite speakers for musicality and lack of listening fatigue? I'll be traveling to the next state to audition more next week.
larrybou
The problem is the room they're in. To get them far enough from the front wall one of the speakers would have the bass module firing right into the side of a love seat if the woofers were facing forward. This is one reason I thought the rear firing bass module would be a good solution. .

The other solution would be monitors and a sub obviously. Or I could try moving the speakers much closer together and turning the bass forward - but both of those things would limit depth and soundstage as per Verity.

One last option is moving them to the home theater room since they were designed by the builder with extra sound shielding. All the HT speakers are in wall etc. but it's a blacked out room with theater seating no windows etc. not where I want to kick back and listen to music.

I've always lived in large single family homes so these are all constraints I'm tying to adjust to.

Interesting about the silver cables. Which ones are you using?
Ok I tried them with bass firing forward. As Verity said most of that amazing bass depth and spaciousness has gone. But it IS more neighbor friendly and doesn't sound bad. I'll see if it grows on me.
After playing them for awhile in the forward woofer config they're really sounding good. Not rattling the walls with 3d deep liquid bass but excellent bass anyway and probably even more coherent and correct sounding (at least in my listening space).

Plus the speakers look more impressive like this, can be closer to the walls, and even sound better with my darker cables.

Knowing they were recommended to face backwards it didn't seem possible that the same woofers with the same output could also sound correct with the very different job of playing into the room.

Actually with the woofers facing in either direction the bass sounds better than any speaker I've ever owned including Cary Silver Oak 3s, B&W 804s and others. The design and engineering that went into these Veritys is truly impressive. No longer for sale.
While you're experimenting, maybe you should try just using the monitor's.
Worth a shot, these are wonderful speakers and one's that I would imagine you will regret selling.
Good luck
Jeff
That is one of the best features of the Parsifals, they allow you to have the woofers firing forward or backward. This really helps to integrate them into many more rooms than speakers that don't have that flexibility. I'm glad that you are enjoying them.