Entry level Phono Stage for Dynavector 10x5

Just received some gifts for the Holidays. Among them was a Dynavector 10x5. Well its blown me away. It has really just given me what I have been looking for since I stared this hobby.

Well I am thinking about grabbing a stand alone phono stage. I am using the internal one in my preamp. I am wondering if the Dynavector or the Jolinda phono stage would be a big upgrade.

I am also wondering which to go with. Obviously it makes sense to go with the Dynavector because of how much I already like the cart they produce. That being said some say the MM is really just ok. Its the MC that shines and of course I would use the MM because the 10x5 is a HOMC.

Question is what would be a better choice? Should I just keep what I have? Any thoughts from people who have used these combinations. Or am I better off just keeping what I have and do and upgrade in the future?

I am buying used and don't see upgrading the cart anytime in the near future.
darkstar1
First question I have is what is your top limit to go on a phono stage? We all throw out what WE have or want to have....that's how any board works. Do you have stores near you where you can build a relationship and bring one home? Most stores have a few options and they know what goes well with the rest of your gear. Honestly, I"ve heard most of the names thrown out in this thread multiple times and some of the bigger 'names' I haven't liked. I don't think they went with the electronics they were hooked up to as I never heard their 'sound staging, imaging etc..'....they were dull, dry, one dimensional and just not musical...Some had black backgrounds and enough gain, but that was it. Only gain should be added. Where do you live?
Kiko65

You are really selling me on the Dynavector. When I do upgrade it would be up the DV line. Don't think it will happen anytime soon but if I do I could use the phono enhancer.

500 used is all I have at this time. I could wait for a while to get something better but Dynavector seems to have quite of few people who like it and I can grab it used within my budget.

Only one dealer in town. He really does not work with me so I have gone the used route. Sad but true.
Louisiana. Don't want to name the Town/City or everyone will know who I am talking about.

There is no bringing in your gear to see how it works with new gear. There are no home demos.

I bought speakers from this dealer. Later wanted to hear them with an amp they sold. They just kept demoing them with different speakers. I was not going to beg them. It was a simple request. If I can not demo stuff I might as well buy used blind and save money.

Almost every audiophile I have met in the area has had a bad experience. Very few are customers.
Louisiana. Don't want to name the Town/City or everyone will know who I am talking about.
Almost every audiophile I have met in the area has had a bad experience. Very few are customers.

Then whats the harm in giving out the name of the Town/City?
Seems to me you would be doing your fellow audiophiles a favor.

You might even be do the dealer a favor too. A little bad press may help him get his customer service act together.