Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Ok, here's a challenge, Rok. If you find yourself in the NYC area, you are welcome to come to my place for a listening session. Here is what I propose:

We will listen to the same LP side in its entirety using one of the two wires that I sometimes use between my phono stage and my preamp; Nordost and Siltech. Then, I will step out of my listening room and you will swap the cable for the other; or leave the same one in. The phono stage will be situated in such a way that I won't be able to see which cable is connected. We will do this ten times. I will bet you my Columbia Six-Eye "Kind Of Blue" that I will be able to tell you at least nine out of ten times which cable is in the system. What do I get if I can do it?
"What do I get if I can do it? "

All of my Ornette Coleman and Don Pullen CDs. :)
Irvrobinson, I'm not waiting for some sort of entertaining debate so don't put words in my mouth.

Like I said many times, I shop with my ears for audio components ... buy what sounds good. If the last .00001 cm of a PC improves the sound of my system, I will buy it. Simple!
Knghifi, mine are newer 2m that I usually only use for 2 subwoofers. The Linns will be connected to my sources for sure. I have an all tube system and liked the Nordosts, but their cost is not justified. Only their powercords make a difference. I even have the Blue Heaven Rev II bi wires, and they are good, but the sound was the same using Morrow Audio SP4 bi wires, and Kimber TC4 TC8 and TC12 single wires. Happy listening.
wow!now things are stirred up!popcorn eanybody!,Its not that I want to argue,cause I will not!,I enjoy to hear both sides of a debate as long as it does not turn nasty!,I will put thousands of dollars on a bet to any one who can not hear a difference between Taralabs zero gold,nordost odin, and cheap cables that the none believers can produce!,first I may check medical records on their hearing and hearing aides first!LOL!,my opinion,I would not spend as much money on cables that I have unless I heard a difference,after all,Its my money!happy listening!