Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
"Does a $5,000 dollar watch tell time any better than a 30 dollar watch?"
The simple answer is no. Actually the $30 watch will be + or - about 15 seconds per month where a mechanical (a real watch) will be + or - app. 10 seconds per day, depending upon variables. Would you notice this difference without testing on a watch timer? (Witschi) No.
I grew up in the Antique business and was a Watchmaker for many years. I have only vintage watches. I choose a watch for the day, give it some winds and set it. Am I synchronized with GMT standard? Not unless I happened to get very lucky. Is it important to me? no.
Will the Rolex keep better time with the installation of a Diamond Bezel? Again, obviously no.
Now the $30 dollar cable could possibly sound better than the $5,000 dollar cable in a particular given system.
Now, would a diamond encrusted cable sound better...... ?
a kia and a porsche do the same thing..drive you from point A to point B...is the experience different...HELL YES. the better the systen the easier it is to hear differences in cable additions / subtractions.a Timex and a Rolex ARE different. yes ..both tell time but the Rolex is a piece of jewelry.
04-10-13: Isochronism
"Does a $5,000 dollar watch tell time any better than a 30 dollar watch?"
The simple answer is no. Actually the $30 watch will be + or - about 15 seconds per month where a mechanical (a real watch) will be + or - app. 10 seconds per day, depending upon variables. Would you notice this difference without testing on a watch timer? (Witschi) No.
I grew up in the Antique business and was a Watchmaker for many years. I have only vintage watches. I choose a watch for the day, give it some winds and set it. Am I synchronized with GMT standard? Not unless I happened to get very lucky. Is it important to me? no.
Will the Rolex keep better time with the installation of a Diamond Bezel? Again, obviously no.
Now the $30 dollar cable could possibly sound better than the $5,000 dollar cable in a particular given system.
Now, would a diamond encrusted cable sound better...... ?
Isochronism (Answers | This Thread)
You're missing the point, expensive watches are accessories similar to a necklace, bracelet, designer clothing ... some call it style. A bad analogy with cable.
Bo1972 is absolutly correct! Cables do make your system come to life! If you think that your $30 cables are giving you a lifelike presentation of the music, then you have no idea what your hi-end audio system is capable of. It is as simple as that.
Knghifi, I was merely answering the watch question. I appreciate inner beauty in life.
Peek inside a Patek Philippe.