Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Indeed, it's all about music. With the euphonic Audionote stuff I notice that cables and tweaks arent that important. Just less stuff to worry about but dont we all suffer from tweakers itch?
@ Johnsonwu, Hi, Have you tried the Taralabs zero gold interconnects, omega gold speaker cables, cobalt a/c power cables???, LOL!, whats funny is that these cables are copper, and I can tell you that they have as much or more focus than the best silver cables in the world!, and the state of the art body of sound to boot!, I bought these cables over nordost odins, which was a little faster, but it ends there!, the Taras sounded a little warmer and more musical!, not so analitical sounding as the odins!, now thats on my system, I have seen where the odins sounded better on a diferent kind of system than what I have, I use solid state componets and tube componets,with JBL speakers, To me, the Taralabs cables mentioned above had the most realistic sound I know of!, they, As Bo would put it, sounded like the real event of music!,, Happy listening!
Maybe this should have been a yes or no thread then the results could have been tallied up and a winner declared.
Audio is not my work, nor it is my hobby but a part of who I am. This is what I do for a living these days. It never has been work for me. Because it does not cost a lot of energy. It is like 1 and 1 is two. I am addicted to music sinch I was 6. So yessss music is my favorite hobby. A system is only a way to play the music you love. But it can make you enjoy your personal music more. I am gifted to have a photographic memory in sound. It makes listening a lot more easy. Wenn I change a cable of source I know exactly what the difference is between the first and the second option. Wenn I listend to classical music at my friends house I was stunned about the intimate sound of voices and instruments. I wanted a system what could give me the same feeling. I am a perfectionist in everyhing I do. I love to compare and Always looking for the best. Why? Because I want the best, like I want my clients to get the best for there money. I would love to give every person in the world a system like I have. Because I want people to enjoy music. I Always say: I sell emotion. The world of audio is not a nice world. Why? because many many people really don't care what there customers get, they just want to earn as much money as they can. I really don't f..care. I want every person to get the best sound as possible for there money. These days in the Netherlands cause of the economic situation the world of audio has a very difficult time. The thing what happens and what I dislike most. Is that shopkeepers are only focussed on how much money the earn for the set. People in shops are told which products will give more money. I call this coloured selling. This I really hate. Because it is the opposite of how I work and think. I never will change the way how I work. I love audio so much that I never could lie to people.
@Audiolabyrinth; I sold Taralabs for over 2 years of time. I loved the brand. But Holland was not important enough for them. The company who did Taralabs in Holland had many problems for receiving the cables we sold. At the end they stopped. They have still a little in stock, sometimes I still sell Taralabs loudspeaker cable