Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Bo1972, The Taralabs cobalt power cord that I just bought has the same Oyaide plugs!, I have the up-graded version, not the standard version wattgate plugs. cheers!
Audiolabyrinth,
Yeah that same ad., congrats on what I think is a good buy for a superb cord! Bet it will sound great on your cdp, but on amps too, I've always found good PCs to have equally profound an effect! Enjoy.. :)

*Btw you bought the 1m/$1000 one? Meaning the 6ft/$1900 Cobalt piece still available? And the upgraded plugs, are they retrofitted by factory or seller? Thanks.
@ Bvdiman,, Hi, The sellers user name is rebel721, I do not see eany more cobalts for sale, If I were you, I would send him an audiogon message to his user name, He is a really nice guy, his real name is Robert, I know his last name as well, to be polite, I will not post his last name here,when I talked to him by phone last saturday and made a deal, and I paid for the cable the same day, He told me that he had 1 cobalt left!, He said another buyer a few days earlier bought 3 of the cobalts at the same time!, and yes, the up-graded oyaide plugs were done at the factory!, you may tell him audiolabyrinth sent you,or my name keith, the guy who bought one of his cobalts saturday, the cobalt should be here friday!, yipee!, thankyou for the congrats!, However, My krell 700cx is at krell getting totally renewed, it is only 8 years old, but I had a bias problem that another company failed to fix!, so, since shipping is so high on a 180 pound amp, I asked Krell for the works!, that way i will not have to worry no more!, new caps, software, etc... you get the picture!, It is going to be exspensive!, But I love the sound of this amp, so there you go, Its worth it to me!, please post back with what happens with a cobalt for you, good luck!, cheers!
$14950 a meter. Wonder how many Chinese knock off artists are reading this. Time to stop the line of Aodiqwests :)
06-26-13: Johnsonwu
$14950 a meter. Wonder how many Chinese knock off artists are reading this.

Tara Labs is not immune to fraudulent cables. They have the same problem with fake cables on the market as Cardas, Audioquest, XLO, MIT and many of the other big manufacturers. Buyer beware.