From Krell to McIntosh - Anyone?

Hi,

i am currently using Krell FPB 600c and Krell KPS 25sc, since i lean towards system synergy, i am looking at a complete/only McIntosh rig.
Mainly because my speakers sounds at their best with power amps with low damping factor.
The MC 501 and MC 1201 seems nice, but what are the trade and/ or trade offs - if dumping the Krell system?
Krell's sense of drama and viceral impact is something special, i wonder what happens if i am going McIntosh.

The MCD 201 seems to eliminate the need of a dedicated (stand alone) pre amp. It also does both cd and sacd (mp3) and is equiped with an analog volume control.
MCD 201 and the MC 501 or 1201.
Anyone done a compairson of these brands, able to explain?

Thanks
128x128inpieces
Lokie - while I respect your opinion, I have found that after I switched from the MC-352 to the FPB-300C, I started listening to much more diverse selections of music. With the Mac I tended to only listen to smaller acoustic groups. But now with the Krell, I listen to that, and a whole lot more. Once I realized the Krell needed some warm-up time where the Mac was good (at least reasonably good) right away at start-up, I found the Krell to be "clearer" without being more fatiguing like many seem to think.

Don’t get me wrong please – if I still had the Mac, I wouldn’t be disappointed, but I do like the Krell more. I could live with either though.
Dbld... If the audio ferry showed up and said Im trading your 602 for a FPB 400CX, I certainly wouldn't be sad... I would be one smilin SOB. I think they would sound great with my Eggleston's.
Since I have not heard a Krell in my system, I apologize for sounding so definitive. My sentiments are more theory than experience.
I hear you Lokie. Aaaah...the problems we face in high-end audio...Krell or McIntosh? Either way, it is better than the old Technics Receiver I had in high school.

I am sure I am not the only one here who's wife thinks (is convinced) I'm nuts.

Just yesterday..."Honey, what the heck are those things on the windows downstairs?"

"I put them on because they are supposed to help dampen the vibration and keep the glass from resonating, and that will help improve the sound from my stereo..."

I answer in some detail all the time now in hopes of someday she'll know not to ask in the first place.

Fortunately, even though I told her (i.e. got permission) she never noticed when I changed the Mac to the Krell... [I know what you all are thinking...see what I mean].

BTW - those things on the windows didn't do squat.
I don't get the attraction to Krell. I have owned a number of Krell products including their SACD Standard, 400xi Integrated and have demo-ed the Krell Resolution 1. I understand and respect that music equipment is like art and different people hear differently. But I find the Krell sound detailed but boring. Not to mention their SACD Standard had quality issues with their transport. McIntosh, I find quite the opposite, I can listen to McIntosh stuff for hours, not to mention their good looks, build quality and they dont really lose their value. You asked specifically about the MCD-201. The player has gotten mixed reviews but I have seen a few of these here on Audiogon for $2300-, it's hard to go wrong with these prices and of course the 501's/1201's are state of the art.