CLASSE - Great amps or highly flawed?

Some love them. Others criticize:

Highly colored.

Midrange nice, but euphonic & not accurate.

Highs rolled off, and given an electronic sheen.

Overall dark sound.

Imaging only so-so.

Lack transparency.

Textured sounding.

Bass somewhat lacking definition & loose.

What's your opinion??
kevziek
I think there is an idea circulating that everything with a particular manufacturer's name on it sounds the same within a certain range as to price and size. It simply is not true. There are not only breakthroughs, but changes in direction, new designers going to work for established companies, etc. It is clear to me from recent listening that every post-Omega Classe sounds different from what went before, just as 1995 Levinsons and Krells sound different from what they are producing now. Anyone who writes off an entire line on the basis of out of date information is wasting his or her time as well as everyone else's.
I am always fascinated to read reviews of reviews. The truth is that Classe makes very good equipment. How good?
If it does not perform up to expectations. What is really at fault? Could it be that their are other faults in the system? I wonder. My experience with Classe CA-200 using a variety of equipment and cables mated to it, has been very favorable.
So with all the comments..

is classe worth to give a try ?
if i can get a good deal on used classe amp for my stereo system..should i try it ?

pardon my english ...but what does " thouroughly " means?
good or bad? ;p ehhe

it's cool though that classe audio manuf is only 30 mins from my place :)
i like to buy local products :)
To characterize (good or bad) an entire product line - especially one as broad as Classe's - is just plain ignorant. That's not to say that there aren't similarities between a company's given products, but I think that has more to do with engineering philosophy and marketing strategy. Kevziek is WAY off-base when he says that all of their products are based on the same circuits....huh??
Pops was right on the money when he talked about product compatibility and synergy. Zaikesman's analysis and extrapolation of his experience with one of Classe's older and least expensive models is completely unfair. Apples and oranges...or perhaps Valves and FETs. Not only are the products dissimilar, but they're in a completely different price range. I know he meant well, but...
The bottom line is that companies build reputations based on the satisfaction of their customers (dealers and end-users alike). Additionally, there are some companies who, because of their reputation, tend to be scrutinized and criticized or develop great allegiances. For example; Krell and McIntosh are both excellent companies who produce products that people either "love" or "hate". But those who love them tend to be very loyal and those who hate them are unrelenting in their criticism. So it is to a lesser degree with Classe.
So where does my allegiance lie?? To whomever produces the product that best compliments my system. In this case, it happens to be Classe (DR 9), but if I were to, for example, purchase new speakers which require a more synergistic amp, perhaps it would be somebody else. I would have to take into consideration my budget (can't forget that), the power requirements of my speakers (solid state only, or tube-friendly) and then let my ears (and heart) do the rest.
Anyone who so thoroughly trashes a product line (such as the above) may have an agenda, but if not, then that perception remains nonetheless. I cannot really speak one way or the other regarding my very limited personal experience with only one of their products in my own home, but the numerous Classe demo's that I have heard at some of the shows were certainly most impressive. Granted that these demos were put together with some of their more esoteric offerings, but Will doesn't appear to have given them a fair shake IMO.