Best used amp in the $1500 range

If you had a budget of about $1500 to spend on a used amp, which you you look at? Primarily to be used for the front two channels in a multipurpose system, but music performance in paramount.

Also, not interested in tubes and would like something with decent power.

Thanks.
jack_dotson
BAT solid state amp sounded good with them when I listened to them...I don't see much for sale right now in the listings section though.

Dave
Channel Island D-100 monoblocks would be within your budget ($1599.00 new) plus the privilage of a 30 day trial, can't go wrong, check-em out.
I have a good friend that owns the Classe 300 and the Audire Otez. Both amplifiers sound very good. Infact you may have a hard time hearing a difference comparing them. The Audire amplifiers don't seem to be well known as a whole. Even though they've been around since 1971.This amplifier competes well against its boat anchor brothren in pure massive POWER and CONTROL. If you can find this $5000 amplifier for $1500 it is well worth it. There's an Audire Parlando for sale on Agon now...it's the 100 wpc pure class A version of the Otez. Same amplifier just configured differently.
I second the McCormack Virginia series amps (DNA-125 or DNA-225.) Remarkable sound for the price, and if you ever want an amp that will stay in your system for many, many years you can send it to Steve McCormack for modifications.
Gunbei, I'm actually pretty darned happy with the sound I have now. But, having been on the merry go round for many years I'm always asking what if.

I've recently purchased the Naim and Arcam and am totally satisfied with both, and both were an upgrade to what I had. I would like to upgrade my speakers some time in the future, but this is going to be an expensive to get better than what I have now. I heard a pair of Usher's 8571's that I can't get out ot my head.

Therefore, I'm thinking the amp may be my next logical upgrade. The Outlaw's are actually rebadged ATI's and it's a darned good one and an outright bargain for the price I paid. I was in the shcool of thought for many years that say's amplifiers of equal power don't sound much different. I also said this about cables for many years only to find out just recently how wrong I was.

So now I'm going to have to find out just how much difference a good quality two channel amp will make. I figured $1500 used was a good price considering I only gave $1399 for the 755. Not bad for a good five channel amp that will throw out 200wpc rms @ 8 Ohms with all channels driven. Almost doubles as it goes down, but not quite.

I also heard a system that had weight to the piano and horns like I had never heard before, and serious dynamics that hit fast and hard. This was also the same system that I heard the Ushers in. I asked the dealer if it was because of the speakers and he so no, it was the amp. That amp was a Belles 350A. This is what really got me to thinking about an upgrade.

There it is. Please keep the recommendations, comments, discussions going. I'd like to hear your thoughts and recommendations and gather all the info I can before making the plunge.

BTW, by buying used I figure if I make a mistake I wont have to lose too much on the resale.