Von scheikert VR4jr what are you using ?

I just got a new pair and I am wondering what amp would be best. I have a Cary SLP-98F1 as a pre and currently using a V12 to drive them. I have a BAT VK-200 as a spare and I am going to hook it up this week end, to see how it sounds with the SLP.
I originally heard the VR's driven by NuForce 9.02 mono's, they sounded fantastic. They were in a treated HT room, which is totally diferent than my space. Right now before break in they sound good but I get don't get close to the sound I heard in the demo room(of coarse I never do). I can only come out about 1 1/2 ft. from the front wall, so I'm pretty sure that is where I lose a lot of the spatiousness.
I am curious to see what other VR4jr owners are using and what they have heard elsewhere.
jdodmead
I agree with Jgiacalo on the break-in, base loading, and biwiring issues. I have used a few differnt amps with my JR's which I have had for 1.5 years now. I have used a Pass X250.5, a Forte 4A, a McIntosh 6900 integrated, and am currently using a bel Canto Evo 200.2. All have sounded great, but different of course.

The 4JR is one well balanced speaker that when properly broken in and set up will sound mighty good with a lot of different electronics. What it will do is let you hear the differences.
Jgiacalo- what spikes are you using? I have a pair of Vr2s and would like to replace the spikes. I was looking at some Mapleshade ones but being able to rake the speaker back is a must. Are yours height adjustable?
I'm running Channel Islands D-200 monoblocks with my VR-4jrs. Dusty usually uses Von Schweikert speakers in his demos -- here's a photo of the Channel Islands Audio / Von Schweikert room at the recent HE2006 show.

http://blog.stereophile.com/he2006/060106cia/

I'm using a bi-wired pair of Gregg Straley's "Reality Cables" and the set up, while still breaking in, sounds fantasic.

Good luck in your search.
I'm waiting for a pair of VAC Standard 90 mono blocks to arrive. Albert has paired VAC equiptment with his speakers
at CES. Kevin Hayes of VAC is very enthusiastic about the JR'S with the mono blocks. I'll weigh in when I get things set up. I have Silversmith wire all around. Before this latest upgrade I had been using an integrated ASL and things sounded pretty darn good with the JRS.
I talked to someone at Von Schweikert yesterday, not Albert, and I was given some placement advice. I now have them spread apart about 12 ft and the soundstge is much wider and a little more spatious. They are sounding better as they get more playing time. I have only about 15 hours on them so far, a long way to go yet. I am not sure if I will change to the VK-200 yet, I may wait until they are broken in a little more.
I do have them bi-wired and I have been looking for some lead shot. So far I haven't found anyone that has shot available in bulk.
Thanks for all your input and keep them coming
Jeff