Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Smctigue1. I forgot to mention that I believe Rebbi will be in audio Heaven when he gets the AN-Kit back. I believe, as I listen, the Ref 3a and AN will perform superbly together, based on what I hear with the 8 watt Dynamo. The Tekton is also a great match.
Rob,
I'm also looking forward to your impressions of the De Capo. I, too, am not surprised that the M Lore sounds more authoritative in the bass region. I am very interested to hear what you think of those other areas you mention.
When I mentioned to Eric Alexander of Tekton that I owned De Capo's, his first reaction was, "Excellent speaker." I was positively impressed that he didn't jump on the opportunity to trash someone else's product, something that I've heard other small speaker manufacturers (who shall go unnamed) do. Seems like a classy guy.
03-24-15: Rebbi
When I mentioned to Eric Alexander of Tekton that I owned De Capo's, his first reaction was, "Excellent speaker." I was positively impressed that he didn't jump on the opportunity to trash someone else's product... Seems like a classy guy.
I had Klipschorns when I first spoke to Eric about purchasing the Katz Meow he had at the time. I told him that if the Katz didn't best the KHorns I would not hesitate to send them back. Eric simply said, "I'm familiar with Klipschorns. What's your address?"
I still have the Katz.
Pete should have the new transformers today or Monday. I'll report back when I know more about the ETA for the amp's return.
Hi Rebbi,
I have enjoyed following your blog and this thread about the build, and am extremely pleased that they have sorted your problem. I just completed building a pair of the ANK 300B Interstage Monoblocks, and was on the phone with Pete last week about the voltage checks (everything tested perfectly), and he mentioned your issues and how he was determined to get them resolved the next day, and I am pleased that he did. He and Brian have been great through my build.

I am also building the Mentor Line Stage, that I hope to finish this weekend, and the Kit 4 Speakers.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the build process and, while happy that I will soon be listening to the full system, I am a little sad that the project will be over.

I'll have to find something else to keep my soldering iron going.

I look forward to you listening impressions with the properly functioning Kit 1.