Warm and Detailed S.S. Amp?

I currently own a Modwright preamp and a Pass Labs X150 amp. I really enjoy these components but, I wish the Pass amp had more warmth in my system. What amps have the warmth of tubes but are as detailed and as controlled as this Pass amp. I can't afford the .5 series of Pass amps. I previously had a CJ MF-200 amp and PV-11 preamp in my system, which was much warmer, but not as clean and detailed. I'm looking to spend about $2K used. Thanks!
jeffjazz
No. It is 114 to 354 Hz and 1257 to 3643 Hz with 14dB per octave rolloffs.
My question is genuine. I don't believe we can have a discussion about upper bass, lower mid, etc if we all are talking about different frequency ranges (or even worse, if we don't know what frequency ranges are involved, which is a scenario more common then we might like to admit).

Robert Harley, in " The Complete Guide to High End Audio" defines them thusly:
16Hz-40Hz Deep Bass
40Hz-100Hz Midbass
100Hz-250Hz Upper Bass
250Hz-500Hz Lower Midrange
500Hz-1000Hz Middle Midrange
1000Hz-2000Hz Upper Midrange
2000Hz-3500Hz Lower Treble
3500Hz-6000Hz Middle Treble
6000Hz-10,000Hz Upper Treble
10,000Hz-20,000Hz Top Octave
OK I vote for Harleys definitions! Now just tell me when I'm listening to the fat lady sing how i know when the high note is 1500 or 2500 hz.

Maybe in addition to Harleys breakdown, we also need one of those charts that show the range of all of the musical instruments etc so when I describe low bass coming from a flute you can look at the chart and tell me I'm FOS because a flute don't go that low!

Tvad, I'm kidding!!!!!!!!!!
i am most concerned about upper midrange lower treble. any extra energy in this region, 1000 to 3000 hz can be most distressing to the ear. regardless of what happens say in the region 100 to 300 hz, the upper frequencies are critical to make a listening experience enjoyable.

it doesn't matter what word you use. it is better, as tvad suugests, to be precise in frequency response terms.

based upon my experiences, i prefer a drop in the range 1000 to 3000 hz. at 1000 hz, i prefer a drop of 1 to 2 db, and at 2000 hz, 2 to 4db. the purpose of this attenuation, is to compensate for most mediocre cds which have too much energy in that range, in my opinion.

i am not aware of any ss amps that are down in the range 1000 to 3000 hz.
ARC 100.2: Refined, detailed, awesome presence, easy to listen too. Warm... tube like....? Not sure too subjective... but it's the best solid state for my system (Dynaudio 1.8 MK II, LS-15 pre, Marantz 8001, AZ cabling). I used to have DNA 0.5, DNA 0.5 dlx rev B,DNA 225 stock.
For me, in my house, with my music, walls and ears, the 100.2 beats them all hands down at everything.
The ARC 100.2 is a masterpiece at the retail asking price, and a serious value on the used market.

Has any one considered using two, but each modified for mono? This would be a useful setup for difficult speakers. Just a thought.

Happy hunting!