CAT versus Berning

I have a CAT JL2 amplifier driving Merlin VSM-MX speakers. I'm considering changing to a Berning ZH270. Anyone have experience of these two amps either in the context of a Merlin or other speakers. I am using a Placette Passive (after a few years of the CAT SL1). I have no good reason for changing, as the JL2s are exceptionally good, but as we all know, part of the hobby is change, I just don't want to go backwards.
pubul57
I thought I would try to revive this question. Only chnage isthat I now have the Joule LA-150MKII preamp, I found the need for a tube pre because of the BAM unit that comes with my Merlin Speakers. So CAT verus Berning, any opinions.
The only advice I can offer is that when I owned my LA-100 MkIII I considered matching it with either the Berning or a Joule amp. This was based on much of the research I did here and other members comments. I have seen where a few people use the Berning with Merlin speakers and of course Joule and Merlin are a pretty classic combination. Of course all this is irrelevant to me now as I did an about face and went in a totally different direction with both preamp and amp. I hope this helps.