McIntosh C1000 tube pre vs. ARC Ref 3?

Has anybody heard these against each other? Both are very well received by the audio press.
gpgr4blu
The McIntosh is the clear winner here by a country mile
Based on everything but a personal side-by-side audition, I know which one I would choose. It would only be as a result of an in-home comparison, with the McIntosh showing a clear advantage over the Audio Research, that would persuade me to not buy the ARC Ref 3 over the Mac.

Regards,
Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity of auditioning a C1000, and I am not inclined to comment on products that I do not know. On the other hand, I have auditioned at length the ARC Ref 3, and ended up purchasing it. I compared directly against VAC Sig, VAC Ren II, Aesthetix Callisto Sig with single PS and all NOS tubes. Compared it indirectly also against ARC Ref 2 Mk. 2 and BAT VK51SE. In all these cases I liked better the Ref 3. Out of these the Callisto was perhaps the closest. In more recent times I have auditioned at some length the VTL 6.5 version 2 which I enjoyed immensely and the Rowland Concerto pre, which I also loved. Unfortunately I have not been lucky enough to compare these last two with Ref 3 during my selection process.
You can read some of my selection criteria and detailed findings at:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1123254379&openusid&zzGuidocorona&4&5#Guidocorona
most people who like McIntosh do not like ARC and vice versa. The house sound is different between the 2 brands.

Hantrax,
To say one is better than the other is absurd until side by side comparison is done with a knowledge of one's sonic preference.
>>The McIntosh is the clear winner here by a country mile, even though I will admit I haven't heard the ARC.<<

It's probably a good idea to think before you type.
" The McIntosh is the clear winner here by a country mile, even though I will admit I haven't heard the ARC." What kind of BS is this? This is what I and most seasoned audiophiles are sick of. Please, all you young A-philes don't get caught up in someone's BS like this. Even well tutored A-philes opinions are just that,opinions! All gear is synergy dependent. It's nice to have an experienced opinion but, just do like the rest of us and buy it and try it. If it doesn't work in your rig than sell it. Gee, Hantrax must have a McIntosh piece for sale!