How many us a Line Conditioner with a Big SS Amp

How many us a Line Conditioner with a Big Solid State power amplifier ? Such as a Big Threshold, Pass Labs, Krell, Levinson.

I am still not sure on using a line conditioner on my big power amps.

Thank you for your help.
Joe
joefama
the Shunyata Hydra crapped out when used with my amplifier. So will be donating the Hydra to the needy.
Joe
Joefama (Threads | Answers)
Be sure to contact Shunyata for warranty coverage.

BTW, if your Hydra was operating properly...(and it's rated up to 20amps)...then you might have a dangerous situation with your household wiring or breaker box. You might consider having it checked by an electrician.

Do you ever trip circuit breakers? If the Hydra's protection circuitry kicked in, then it's odd that your circuit breakers didn't trip without it...unless your circuit is rated higher than 20 amps.

Anyway, yours is a puzzling situation. Something seems abnormal to me, but I'm no electrician...
Joefama, I use the Running Springs Audio Jaco line conditioner, which is non current limiting, with my Pass Labs XA-100's and Threshold SA-1's with great success and no sonic downside as far as I can tell.

You will get many different opinions regarding ever to put power amps on line conditioners, so you will have to experiment/audition a few to see what happens in your system.
Tvad- No puzzling situation here. Just a little sarcasm on your end. Just wanted to get a feel on other's suggestion on using Big SS power amps with a line conditioner.

Thank you Teajay. Great to see another Vintage Threshold & PASS owner. Very happy with my amps.
Joe

I've ran my DNA 500 through a Hydra 2 and preferred it
that way over running it straight into the wall. I noticed
a slight decrease in dynamics and top end extension but
the benefits were a quieter background and a lot less
hash. The Hyrda's I had never gave me a problem.

Cmach

01-08-07: Joefama
Tvad- No puzzling situation here. Just a little sarcasm on your end.

So, you didn't have a Hydra crap out on you? You were just havin' a little fun?

You ought to indicate the joke with a smiley. Many people read these posts and take them at face value. Yours could be easily taken as fact and send the wrong message.

Mr. Shunyata.
:)