Audiophile Results

Which component is the most critical, the processor or the amp? I hope to attain a audiophile stereo system as the front end of a HT room.
pegasusxls
the signal is more important than the amplification.

the digital source will have a greater impact than an amplifier.
In my system, the processor made a huge difference. Getting 24/196 with upsampling will make a difference vs a mid-fi 24/96 from 10 years ago or so...
Having 2 channel direct, 8 channel direct and/or a pass thru mode makes a difference.
Also consider toslink vs coax digital for quality.
A system is only as good as its weakest link.
On a brighter note, if you have an "ok" processor that has 2 channel direct with a good cd/dvd, it may get you by for now?
As you can see, there is no one correct answer. Everyone will have their own opinion to share with you, but what works for them may or may not work for you. You just have to listen for yourself.
I would suggest some form of balance. A great A/V processor with weak amplification will sound no better or worse than a great amp driven by a weak A/V processor.

Cheers,
John
I intend to use Thiel's new 3.7 for my mains and therein lies the problem.I fell in love with a very high end speaker,however
I am used to Outlaw equipment,I am trying a Classe SSP-300/CA-5100.Yes The Classe does sound somewhat better,but I can do so much more with the Outlaw 990.I find the Classe processor very tedious to operate.I want the high end sound with the comfort of being able to operate it easily.
The speakers. Ultimately, the link in the chain that turns electricity into sound waves.