Pre Amp or Amp Best Money Spent

Hello, putting together my first system around a pair of non sig. Vandy 2ce's late serial numbers. I am looking at Rogue tube pre/amps. I am wondering if I should spend the money on M-120's with an entry Rogue preamp or go for the Rogue 90 with Rogue 99 pre? Obviously there are tradeoffs but where is the long term benefits. I will be buying used. Thanks Dean
128x128pubbrewer
I would personally go for the better preamp and the budget amp. I always found the better pre gave me more of what I wanted as far as sound quality.
Well, I'm going to go against the grain of the above suggestions and recommend you do some deep digging to find out what amp best mates with the Vandy 2CE speakers and put your money there. Amp/speaker match is critical for best sound. You can buy the world's best preamp, and the system will still sound like sh*t if your amp/speaker match isn't good.

Do you know the Rogue amps are the best options?
I back Tvad. A match between Power Amplifiers and Speakers is more important than Pre-amplifier. Everything depends on the type of load your speakers present to the Power Amplifier.

See the following article. This will give you the details:
http://www.symphonysound.com/articles/tubefriendly.html
Post removed