Opinions on Wyred 4 Sound ICE amps

These are somewhat new and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these high powered amps. Specifically if they are a good choice for Magnepans.

Thanks
koestner
I bought a pair of SX-500 mono amps to replace my McIntosh MC275 stereo amp. I am using the Wyred 4 Sound amps to power Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 speakers. I am using a Modwright preamp and phono stage. The Mac was great, but the Harbeths are already pretty "relaxed" sounding on their own and I was looking for more detail and low end authority. I got it in spades using the SX-500's! Some may question my decision because the SX-500's cost less than half of a new MC275. I have absolutely no regrets with the swap. The synergy of these amps in my system is amazing. I got what I was looking for without losing any musicality at all. The Wyred 4 Sound amps are smooth, tonally balanced, and support a believable soundstage all while providing a more detailed presentation with much better bass impact than the MC275 was able to deliver.
I have 3.6's and am powering them with dsonic 1000s. I am really pleased with this amp. It really brings out the bass. I can play the maggies really loud without the amp straining. The amp runs very cool. Soundstage is great. I have full maggie hometheater setup and plan to upgrade all the amps with the dsonics. The only problem is, they are rarely found used. Hope this helps.
I have a pair of SX-500 Mono Blocks as well. They are not fully broken in yet.
(DO PAY ATTENTION TO ADEQUATE BEAK IN) they have significantly improved over time. Thus far, their wonderful attributes are great bass control, huge deep sounstage, beautiful midrange, good pace and rhythm. Compared to MUCH MUCH more expensive, Audio Research Tube Monoblocs they lack a couple of subtle attributes.... a slight diminution of very high frequency overtones, and
the images of singers are slightly less 3 dimensional (one of tubed electronics true blessings). On the whole, for $1800 these amps are GIANT KILLERS. None of the solid state nasties. I do suspect though, that these amps really need a somewhat warm sounding tubed pre-amp (cary, conrad johnson EAR as well as many others) to really shine. I use an EAR full function pre-amp, the 864
with my SX 500s. A full review to be posted on this site when break in of completed.

Jim
i have a pair of the sx1000 monoblocks and love them. i had previously bought the d-sonic dual mono 1000 amp just to try the ice amps. liked it enough to go with the WFS mono's. i liked the looks of the new WFS amps and also the ability to easily mate with a tube preamp (i currently run a blue circle but am saving up money for a shindo pre). my speakers are martin logan vantages.
I have the SX-1000s and find them sonically transparent, very well-built and attractive in an understated way. They are keepers.