New NAD M-25 or Used McIntosh MC-207?

Looking for smooth and detailed for music and still dynamic for movies. Have Hyperion HPS-938 and Arcam FMJ cd player and DVD. Arcam P1000 and AVP700. With Nordost cables. Clean but slightly flat and sharp sounding. Any thoughts?
hawkeye43
The NAD M25 is a fantastic amplifier, I really enjoy it's dead-quiet operation, sexy looks, and dymanics. It has enough current to run just about any home theater with ease.

The McIntosh is good as well, but believe cost quite a bit more than the M25.
Yep the Mac is expensive. Looking at a demo to save money. But it will still be double the NAD. I wonder if it is at least 2X as good? Have heard the Mac. No local dealers carry the M Series. No luck there.

Is the M25 as good with music as it is with movies. Need bass slam for music too. With nice warm vocals. Have tons of detail now but no "meat" to the sound.

A little disapointed that the NAD isn't balanced. Using all balanced cables now. So it should cost something extra there. Have some Nordost Red Dawn's that are single-ended. My help, dont' know if the NAD is Nordost friendly.

David
This may sound a typical answer but, go with the Mac if within your range. This is MY personal experience.

The following Years will tell you that you made the correct decision!!! Good luck!
Hawk, as a dealer I of course like the NAD Masters. However, if you are looking for a multi-channel amp that betters the NAD easily and remains budget friendly. You might look at one of my personal favorites the Parasound Halo A51. I have it in my personal theater system. Halo is just a phenominal product. It has an excellent reputation, has a great warranty if ever needed, looks like a million bucks, very neutral presentation, and sounds wonderful. Highly recommended!!!