Amp for Dali Hellicon 400 mk2

any suggestions for powering my dali speakers...so far..have used a nad 218 and an ati 1506..neither of which made them sound overly inspirational...
dan001
hhhmm..good food for thought..thank u very much...alas..that was my initial question...an amp...i read fantastic reviews about the dreadnaught 2..i thought that would do it..it hasnt to the level i want..however..i like the ht option....my preamp is a yamaha rxv 3800
Dan, system synergy is real, as much as I wish it wasn't. What that means for us is that speakers work better with some amps than with others. So even if someone loves an amp, it may not be the best match for a given set of speakers. For my tastes, the Dalis work best with an amp/pre-amp that I would classify as "smooth" rather than "edgy." Most inexpensive SS amps and pre-amps are edgy.

Similarly, not all speakers appeal to all listeners, like Dave and the Dalis. They are apparently not for him. They are, however, for others. Many others. Viva la difference.

If you can find a few nice amps to try, you'll be able to decide if the Dalis are or are not for you. When I first got the Paradigms, I was convinced that I had made a huge mistake. Out of desperation I tried a different amp (which are much easier to buy and sell and ship than speakers!) and found much relief.

Bob
Steidlguitars said:

"Similarly, not all speakers appeal to all listeners, like Dave and the Dalis. They are apparently not for him. They are, however, for others. Many others. Viva la difference."

I went to a lot of troubles to make the DALIs' bottom octave work and never found a solution. I really think that the speakers don't have it. OTOH, they have a lot of things going for them in the mids and highs. They're very seductive in that respect. I can see the attraction, but I also see the limitations. There a large number of less expensive speakers that get the bass better, IMHO.

Dave
My last comment on the topic.

Dan, Dave has consistently expressed issues with the Dalis lowest octave, so you should be sure that you are satisfied with their performance there as you sort these out in your own system. In my rig, I am satisfied with their bass performance. I also don't recall any professional reviewers having a similar level of dissatisfaction in that area, but I may have missed something.

These speakers, like all speakers, are a balanced compromise. That comprise will never please everyone.

Good luck!
Bob