Red Wine Audio Isabella

so i just ordered my red wine audio Isabella with dac -
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Isabella.html

it just went up for sale yesterday and vinnie of red wine stated that i should have it in 3 weeks. I have been excited about this one since it was mentioned last fall! Anyone else order one? I'll post my impressions once I get it. I have a good feeling that this one is going to be the ONE!

-Jeff
jwarmbrand
Yeah, I have it on order as well. Are you going to feed the DAC with a Mac book or cd transport?
hey kclone,

i just picked up my macbook based on vinnie's recomendation and am already ripping my music using lossless files. i really do love the clean user interface and "front row" software and the included remote. I can see and control this thing across my room, awesome! and it is battery powered naturally. vinnie mentioned that 6moons will be using the same macbook in the review that is coming next month - feeding the Isabellina dac. i am very excited to get my Isabella! Just need to be patience for a few weeks!

-Jeff
I hope to get some objective opinions on this one...particularly with the dac. I think vinnie is awesome but id id like to see a real head to head say against the dood, joule, Audio Horizons etc.
Vinnie took his time on this one, and from talking to him, he seemed like he was holding back a little on his thoughts about how it sounds. He wants to wait for the owners and reviewers to sound off. Of course 6 Moons is going to do a review and I think theirs are objective as far as reviews go. Like I have said before, if his preamp/dac sounds as good as his amps, then it will be a big winner in my book.
In order to get objective opinions you will have to get independent group of audiophiles and perform blind test in at least two neutral systems. Not easy thing to do. Most fear of the outcome some are bias and others are pre-fix on their preferences and idea of what sounds good to their ears. Also component synergy will play big part in the evaluation. I usualy compare components home in my system. Shot-outs are great and very helpful but not able to get the whole story and true about two components that are compared and evaluated.
It takes balls and open mind to have two components go head to head at each other and being judged by strangers with unknown preferences and listening skills. However, it is possible. Vinnie is very open minded and is not affraid to ask questions. He knows that I own his Sig. 30 and love it. He also knows about pairing his amp with Dodd preamp. He knows it is his competition and I am sure he somewhat respects Gery and his design. His Isabella must be very competitive and superior while its price tag is $1500 higher. Both are very alike.....design wise. One cap in the signal path. Both use 6922 (X2) tubes. Both run on batteries. Similar volume controlers. Vampire RCA jacks etc.
If I had those two (actually all I need is Isabella) home, I would be more then happy to report my findings. And NO , I am not bias towards DODD. If RWA Isabella is in fact better........it would most likely stay and DODD would have to find a better home. But untill then I am sticking with less expensive DODD which features HT pass-thru , more ins and longer battery operation on single charge. (double of RWA)
Just few thoughts about these fine products that will be talked about and always tried to be compare to each other. Until someone will put that controvercy to rest.

Enjoy the music

Mariusz