class d

I want to hear from people who has had experience with these that did not work out and why,all you hear is the positive.I'm not wanting to bash them whatsoever, its just there are people that dont like them,im curious why.Yes ive had a couple,they didnt actually sound bad,but they didnt draw me into the music at all either.
128x128coffeey
Tvad -
Thanks! New to all of this...
Is there somewhere I can go to reaserch the gain of different pre amps?
Is there somewhere I can go to reaserch the gain of different pre amps?
Jimmy3993 (System | Threads | Answers)
Output gain on preamp (as well as input gain on an amp) is a specification that's stated by manufacturers 99% of the time in the product literature or on the manufacturer's website.

FWIW, IMO most preamps have way more gain than necessary. 10-12dB is usually sufficient with the majority of amps.

Jimmy3993, yes the amp will contribute to staging, like every other component. . . you'll see in a couple of weeks. I suggest you call Nuforce about the problem you are experiencing with the P9. I have tried 2 different pres with the NuForce Ref 9 SE: ARC Ref 3 and JRDG Capri. They both have no impedance nor gain matching problems with the NuForce. I personally prefer the Capri because of its frequency extension and linearity, but many will prefer the Ref 3 for its slightly greater warmth.
Thanks again. I talked to nuforce. Part of the issue is fixable, part is intentional. There is a jumper that I can close to cut the gain in half. But in their literature they talk about the gain being linear as opposed to other pre designs where the volume is more gradual. For me it comes down to a question of usability. I really like the ht pass, the extra pre out for my sub and the "cleanness" of the sound but I need more volume flexibility.
More conversation with nuforce. They gave me directions to open the pre and move a jumper to cut the gain by 1/2. So I gave it a shot but when I opened it up it didnt really look like he picture. Turns out that the demo version i was sent has an old board without the jumper. But they offered to switch it out and if thatw as not enough of a reduction, the offered to add resistance if I wanted. Not bad from a service standpoint.