class d

I want to hear from people who has had experience with these that did not work out and why,all you hear is the positive.I'm not wanting to bash them whatsoever, its just there are people that dont like them,im curious why.Yes ive had a couple,they didnt actually sound bad,but they didnt draw me into the music at all either.
128x128coffeey
08-21-08: Jimmy3993
I can give them a "pass" on not knowing that the pre wasn't
current because they weren't planning on sending it
out.

A company should know exactly what they're sending out for customer
evaluation. Otherwise, how can a proper evaluation be performed (as you
discovered)?

You cannot know if the unit you have will sound the same or different from a
unit with the correct board installed.

This service from NuForce is slipshod, IMO.
T
Sounds like this isn't the first problem you have heard about. Have there been others?
Hi Jimmy3993, here is a slightly different path. . . I have just spotted an Agon ad for a brand new JRDG Continuum 500 for under $7K. This is an integrated roughly equivalent to a pair of 501 monos + 1500W PFC circuit (twice the capacity of the PC1 + a Capri pre board + a block of additional bulk output capacitors not available on the individual components. This is the same model of Continuum that DCSTEP has been raving about for the last several months. This is the first time I spot a Continuum 500 on Agon for sale. Some specs at:
http://jeffrowland.com/Continuum.htm
G -
That looks really nice.
Can I have $2000?

A little out of my range for now. I sold by integrated for 3300 and planned on spending 4500 on a pre/power for now. I found a pair of V2se's for 2600 so I have 2kish for a pre.
So there is the nuforce below that price and older conrad johnson and pass labs at that price and a calypso $1k over budget.
I want an ht pass and would prefer balanced. Thanks for your help. I know that I have gotten away from the original post.