Using two channel amps as monos?

I'm considering using two identical two channel Edge M8m amps as monoblocks. Any thoughts or advice on this configuration would be greatly appreciated.
jeff_l
Thanks to all, I was going to call Edge before going down this road. I just cannot bare to sell these outstanding two channel amps for monoblocks.
Yes, you can and in FULL balanced mode - see Spectron web site, monoblocks.

To use one channel when two available is simply stupid, stupid, stupid

All The Best
Rafael
Dob----Have you compared how your amps sounded bridged/mono vs. one channel per amp? Or have you only run them in the mono configuration? Undoubtedly, there would be a significant improvement either way as compared to running one amp in stereo. It would be interesting to know how the two methods of running two stereo amps actually compare to each other. (This may also vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.)

With Sunfire amps, the full power supply is utilized either way, and you get the same level of current either way. My understanding is that mono-strapping these amps only increases the voltage, which may or may not be desirable given the speakers they are driving.
another option is to run them in a vertical biamp arangement, if your speakers accommodate it. This would give you all of the benefits you're after - separation, and power.
Jimjoyce25,

The immense advantage of monoblock running as Spectron does - you can run them FULLY balanced and thus:

"...balanced mode of operation doubles the slew rate and bandwidth by virtue of the out of phase transmission. This also suppresses the noise and buzz originated upstream from the amplifier. The other major advantage of mono balanced mode in Spectron amplifiers is that transmission of both positive and negative signals (in each amplifier) is maintained separately from the amplifier's input to the speakers binding posts. Assuming that the signal path electronics are matched, all of the intrinsic amplifier distortions arrive at the speakers with practically identical amplitude but with opposed polarity and essentially cancel each other. The result is a largely noise and distortion free sound transmission, leading to a spectacular improvement in three-dimensionality and resolution of detail in the music"

i.e. utilizing two channels, as Spectron does, you can run them with two sets of signals but opposed polarity and practically eliminate any distortion.

When you run only one channel you double your headroom which is immensely important but you keep the same distortions in signal path.

All The Best
Rafael