Please recommend a high-powered SS amp

I'm on the lookout for a SS power amp that goes for $1000 or less (used) and puts out, say, 600W RMS into 8 ohms. Am I being unrealistic or do they exist?
khwarezm
i you want something like that I would suggest 2nd hand pro audio gear like crown or maybe really old bryston gear etc.
I have had two and still have a Rotel RB-1090 and I highly recommend one. A little laid back but in a nice way and they can be had for around a grand. I did have the same problem with both though-the power switch tends to weld itself into the "on" position due to the massive current inrush when you turn it on. Not a problem if you leave it on all the time or use a preamp trigger or power conditioner for on/off duties.
Audiogoners, many thanks for your suggestions. I guess I should elaborate. And no, there's absolutely no show-off happening here. It's just that currently I'm driving my Proacs with an integrated SS Plinius 8200 MkII (175W rms/ch). Now beyond a certain point there will surely be clipping/distortion, which will be less at the same volume levels with a high powered amp. Doubling of RMS power takes the SPL up by 3 dB, so I gathered that a tripling would take it up by 9 dB, which is kind of a substantial perceptible difference. I want to be able to fill the room with high volume sound (at certain times) without the clipping/distortion, and I think higher powered amps may enable me to do that.
I'm surprised that you find the Plinius to be clipping. It's known to be a very gutsy amp. What Proac speakers are you using with it? Maybe the limitation lies there. If you want very high volumes, perhaps look into different types of speakers (such as horns).

If it's just a higher-powered amp you seek on a budget, I'd look into the old Carver Lightspeed amps.

Michael