Please recommend a high-powered SS amp

I'm on the lookout for a SS power amp that goes for $1000 or less (used) and puts out, say, 600W RMS into 8 ohms. Am I being unrealistic or do they exist?
khwarezm
i you want something like that I would suggest 2nd hand pro audio gear like crown or maybe really old bryston gear etc.
I have had two and still have a Rotel RB-1090 and I highly recommend one. A little laid back but in a nice way and they can be had for around a grand. I did have the same problem with both though-the power switch tends to weld itself into the "on" position due to the massive current inrush when you turn it on. Not a problem if you leave it on all the time or use a preamp trigger or power conditioner for on/off duties.
Audiogoners, many thanks for your suggestions. I guess I should elaborate. And no, there's absolutely no show-off happening here. It's just that currently I'm driving my Proacs with an integrated SS Plinius 8200 MkII (175W rms/ch). Now beyond a certain point there will surely be clipping/distortion, which will be less at the same volume levels with a high powered amp. Doubling of RMS power takes the SPL up by 3 dB, so I gathered that a tripling would take it up by 9 dB, which is kind of a substantial perceptible difference. I want to be able to fill the room with high volume sound (at certain times) without the clipping/distortion, and I think higher powered amps may enable me to do that.