Elrog 300B vs Takatsuki 300B tubes

Has anyone heard the Elrog 300B tubes ? I read an article which mentioned that the Elrog 300B delivers 15% less power than a traditional 300B tubes. Can anyone confirm that it is audible ?

I am choosing between Elrog and Takatsuki 300B tubes. I would prefer the Elrog because it is cheaper and supposedly wonderful but if it really sounds less powerful then I have to rethink.
pani
Hi Charles,
What I meant about worshiping was that we (I include myself and other SET devotees)respect your opinion and seem to have similar audio values. And therefore worship you LOL.
I still need to do a bit of research wrt pricing, living in Canada with a much lower dollar and much higher duties
But I definitely plan to get a pair and would be happy to share my experience.
Regards
David
David,
As far as respect is concerned the feeling is mutual toward you and other valued contributors on this thread.
Charles,
I've done a study on 300B tubes and continue too. Here's my 2 cents. I have 2 sources I totally trust. One has compared Elrogs, PSVANE T2, old Western Electric (one of the best production runs), and Takatsuki.
Elrog performed poorly there, to the degree that he thought they were not a good match to that particular amp. Indeed, Elrog is not a WE type tube, many say these and many other tubes that are called 300Bs shouldn't be called 300B's and a different name should be given with substitution advice and warning. I don't know what happened, since TJ and Sophia are also not your regular WE but they work fine and perform fine in that amp. Expectations from Elrogs were high, the result surprising and worrying.
The other source owns old WE's, new WE's (now sold, I bought them :), Elrog, and older white base Takatsuki. He prefers the old WE's and Takatsuki.
I do not own Elrog and I haven't heard it yet. I do own Takatsuki. I did try Sophia RP, TJ Special Edition and new WE's (several of them) among other 300Bs. My strong preference is Takatsuki.
My learning from the above: 1. Elrogs might not be universally good in all SETs or it could have been a one off faulty tube or mismatch 2. Some might prefer Takatsuki.
3. I am not putting my own money on Elrogs just yet, I need much more evidence.

FY, I have 4 SETs at the moment. Coincident Frankenstein MK2, Border Patrol SE 300B, Border Patrol S20 EXD, Coincident Dynamo SE34 just to try and do some tube rolling to see their potential.

Another interesting tube is TJ Full Music CNe recently launched. I only know one source who heard it, compared to PSVANE T2 and Takatsuki and TJ SE.
Hi Dmarkov
In my assessment and comparison of the Elrogs I made it a very clear point to emphasize the baseline excellence of the Takatsuki and EML. I also mention that no matter how good a tube is it will always be amplifier and individual listener dependent. Yes, in the Frankenstein amplifier the Elrog is simply magnificent, I know of no other way to accurately describe it other than this. If someone else has use this tube and found it was unsatisfactory, well that's just how it goes sometimes. You have to listen and decide yourself. Personally, I honestly can't imagine this tube sounding poor in any amplifier even if someone ultimately preferred another tube in place of it. Once again, the Takatsuki is an excellent sounding tube but I found the Elrog superior. Although the Elrog is a drop in replacement for any 300b it is not nor was it intended to be a Western Electric clone. The Western Electric tube was inferior sounding in my amplifier with direct listening
and comparison.
Charles,