Jeff Rowland 501s and PC1s

I installed the PC1s with my 2 Yr. old 501s and am very happy with the improvement. Sound stage is wider, taller and deeper. Image is more pronounced with increased detail.

As for value, $3200 for the PC1s on top of $6700 for the 501s is alot of money. A lot of very good amps at this price piont.

For me, Rowland equipment has a very natural, uncolored sound that I have found compatable with all my other equipment over many years.

System:
Esoteric X0-1 Limited
JRDG Concerto Pre
JRDG 501s
JRDG PC-1s
B&W 802Ds
Cardas Golden Reference, all cords, cables and ICs
ASC Tube Traps
Room Dem. 13'x 15' x 9'Hi
phous
Hi Guido,

I have finally received today the original JRG cables to use between PC1 and 501. I am afraid theses are not the same ones as in the US, as they are not "pig tails".
Anyway it is obvious that my modified NBS Monitor 2 are quite better:
Stage imaging more deep and better outlined musicians, sound with more power and bass.
Clavil, are you using 1 or 2 PC1 devices? The 501 monos require 2 of them. You should allow for about 300 hours of break in on the PC1s before they stabilize. Guido
I use 2 PC1, they are on the way to the 300 hours or almost above? I don't know
Clavil, how did you use the PC1s without the JRDG original wires to connect them with the 501s? You seem to have received the PC1 to amp wires just a couple of days ago. G.
Guido,

My dealer gave me both PC 1 for home demo with modified NBS Monitor II power cables, I only got the original JRDG cables yesterday ... he was right!