Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Tbg,

You write in your post:
"I had excellent imaging and close to realism."
Could you please expound what you mean by the term "realism".
Are you reminded of what you remember to have heard on several occasions at live events with similar kinds of music or do you have a sort of fixed engram in you what live music of any kind in any given venue would sound like?

Have you ever, being familiar with a concert venue and having heard music there, compared exactly the same music, recorded at the same venue, with what you heard at home with exactly that recording?

Just curious.
>>The rug never proved very important for the good or bad<<

Bald can be beautiful. Don't be vain.

Do you have reflection issues with the doppler weather radar preamp signals bouncing off your dome and around the room?
Bill,
I'm bald, which now that you've said it, might interfere with the soundstage, sometimes even mimicking holography. What would you suggest? should I buy a wig?
Worried and waiting for expert advice.......
Detlof, I have been to many concert presentations at the University auditorium which is useless unless you sit in the first two rows center. It is an electronic reverb hall and is awful. I have been is several symphonic halls but have no recordings from any. I did some recordings of big jazz presentations at Florida State Un. and was there, of course. I no longer have a tape machine, but do have recordings of the North Texas Jazz band and was present at one of these. Here I did hear actually better presentation than I heard from my left side seat.

I have also heard many small group un-amplified sessions and have many near-field records done in such a configuration.

What I am talking about, however, is a very precise location on the sound stage both left and right but also in depth. Plus a very sharp leading edge that startles you as is the case in real-life. Plus a top end that shimmers, especially on high-hat and brass bites. Finally, the speakers are gone and you are enveloped in the sound stage.

What Feil is ragging on about in his characteristic way is that the secret of the H-Cat circuit is a Doppler correction that keeps all frequencies emerging at the same speed.
The secret is better kept than the Bush Beans recipe.

No, that's not right. The owners and the dog all know.

I'm not sure the hcat knows. What's his name anyway? Doppler the cat? Or is that Felix the cat? Beats me.

I stand corrected.