Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Tvad, you know from our previous exchanges that I have used tube traps, RPG diffusors, Room Lens, acoustic mirrors, LEDE, and Holographs, one pair of which I still use. I have tried digital corrections also. I have had tube traps. I have used Combac and Marigold dots on the walls, I have used MD Brilliant Pebbles, Shun Mook Mpingo disks, and recently Acoustic Revive guartz products. Once I even had the Cello analog equalizer. The rug never proved very important for the good or bad. You knew all of this so why did you post?
Wanted to know what treatments are now being utilized...in conjunction with the H-Cat electronics.
Tbg,

You write in your post:
"I had excellent imaging and close to realism."
Could you please expound what you mean by the term "realism".
Are you reminded of what you remember to have heard on several occasions at live events with similar kinds of music or do you have a sort of fixed engram in you what live music of any kind in any given venue would sound like?

Have you ever, being familiar with a concert venue and having heard music there, compared exactly the same music, recorded at the same venue, with what you heard at home with exactly that recording?

Just curious.
>>The rug never proved very important for the good or bad<<

Bald can be beautiful. Don't be vain.

Do you have reflection issues with the doppler weather radar preamp signals bouncing off your dome and around the room?
Bill,
I'm bald, which now that you've said it, might interfere with the soundstage, sometimes even mimicking holography. What would you suggest? should I buy a wig?
Worried and waiting for expert advice.......