Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Tvad, are you speaking of my discussion, if one can call it that, with Feil? I would think that it is obvious that I would like nothing more than to have no further discussions with him. If you are talking about the challenges to Roger Paul that suggests they know more about what he is doing than he does, then I must suggest that salvos must be fired in response to salvos.
Is the circuit that removes the distortion being done in the digital or analog domain;just wondering?
Tvad is right, let us move one. This leads to nothing and to nobodies benefit. Ralph can offer explanations, which are well founded in current scientific terms how his gear will sound and why. Roger cannot, which does not necessarily mean that he is wrong, but he is certainly out of the mainstream. Although we are all familiar with certain vendors of aural snake oil, who sometimes use terminology fairly close to his, this does not by a long shot mean that he belongs to that group. Besides he is right to maintain, that the performance of good rigs goes far beyond of what can be measured. It it legitimate for Ttg to like what he likes, just as it is legitimate for Bill not to like it. He has been outspoken and caustic about his dislikes on many threads, he is not the only one to do so.
It is equally legitimate for Roger to defend his point of view and to propogate his wares as a side effect. As long as we cannot hear his stuff in our rigs, we cannot really form an opinion. What I do think however, from reading what Roger says about the sonic benefits of his devices, that a well set up rig will achieve pretty much the same holography. I have for example with good software not the least difficulty in discerning single voices, be it in a big classical chorus work or -much easier -background singers in a jazz piece.
Whatever, the proof, as always, lies in the listening and as long as somebody really neutral has not listend to this thing (that counts out Bill and Tbg (: ) and Roger cannot come up with an explanation in more currently accepted terms, I feel we could move on and put that CAT back behind the oven.