Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
Goldeneraguy, I reread Detlof's and Atmasphere's last posts, I didn't miss what they were saying. I know of nine others who are thrilled with their H-Cat line stages. I know of two others who have heard the H-Cat amp, both dealers, who love it and have had great response to their demonstrations. I don't know what you mean by agreeing with statements by Roger, but one guy who is strongly dismissive of most posts here, says that he now better understands why it sounds so good. Again this makes my point that it is the sound that attracts people, not the explanation of why it does what it does.

I am a survivor of many of the scam police wars. I could give a shit whether people need to have the benefits of tweaks or components "proven" to them. This is the height of hubris IMHO. If they refuse to try it themselves, screw them. I will just keep enjoying the benefits.
Tbg , I did not read one post here that states that H-cat products do not sound good,great or bad for that matter.
The argument is to Roger Paul's claim and your defense as to why it sounds good.More knowledgeable people then I state their doubts and have questions that he has failed to explain.
I believe you are a professor at A&M.Would you teach that something "IS" just because someone says it is?
I dont know why this fight continues.I would love to have your setup. I'm sure it gives you total enjoyment.I just dont accept the Doppler Effect
I am one of the nine who is thrilled with my H-Cat line stage. I don't care if I completely understand every technical nuance of its theory and execution. It sounds fantastic and that's all I need. I let Roger sweat all the details while I enjoy the music.....Can't wait for my amp to arrive
10-01-08: Tbg
... this makes my point that it is the sound that attracts people, not the explanation of why it does what it does.
Perhaps you could emphasize this point with Roger, as his explanation of why the H-Cat does what it does is at the core of this thread's hullaballoo.
Ah - the rationale shifts. Last time I looked it was about physics - i.e. doppler shift. Now we have moved up in alphabetical order to physiology - how humans percieve sound due to the structure bilateral nature of our ears. What a compelling argument. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.