Which is the most tubelike solid state amp around

Being a tube person who is trying to put together an active loudspeaker setup , I have come across the problem of choosing the best driver for the midrange and upper bass i.e.80Hz to 2.5 KHz. I would like to try a panel such as a Magnapan but am told that they are rather power hungry. Therefore, I would be grateful if fellow Audiogoners could share your experience in relation to the best powerful SS amps that would not be out of place in a "tube-ophile's" system.
Thanks
ecka
I agree with Schipo about the DR-9 Clase or Tweak1 about Wyred4sound, how about a 200 wpc Conrad Johnson Sonographe, it also doubles its power at 4 ohms. I remember reading somewhere that Maggies do well with anything that doubles its output at 4 ohms.
A BAT VK500 with BAT pack... Dual mono blocks on one frame. Gobs of smooth sound, enormous bass, and sweet highs. Loads of power for panel speakers... and they'll run fine with single ended preamps as well as balanced using adapters of course as BAT is primarily all XLR inputs and a truly balanced topology.

It really is a great amp.
Thank you everyone for your responses thus far. It certainly gives me a range of options that I will try to audition if possible. The only problem will be that I am Australia based and therefore some of the suggestions will be hard to source here.
I would second Pass Labs. There is a full range of power and price points. The XA.5 sounds very sweet, doubles output into 4ohms and, I've read, reminds many listers of tubes with the control of SS.
MCINTOSH MC402 is one of the most tube like ss amps you'll ever hear. By the way it's also one of the best sounding power amps period regardless of price.