Which is the most tubelike solid state amp around

Being a tube person who is trying to put together an active loudspeaker setup , I have come across the problem of choosing the best driver for the midrange and upper bass i.e.80Hz to 2.5 KHz. I would like to try a panel such as a Magnapan but am told that they are rather power hungry. Therefore, I would be grateful if fellow Audiogoners could share your experience in relation to the best powerful SS amps that would not be out of place in a "tube-ophile's" system.
Thanks
ecka
Thank you everyone for your responses thus far. It certainly gives me a range of options that I will try to audition if possible. The only problem will be that I am Australia based and therefore some of the suggestions will be hard to source here.
I would second Pass Labs. There is a full range of power and price points. The XA.5 sounds very sweet, doubles output into 4ohms and, I've read, reminds many listers of tubes with the control of SS.
MCINTOSH MC402 is one of the most tube like ss amps you'll ever hear. By the way it's also one of the best sounding power amps period regardless of price.
If you really want a SS amp that won't break the bank and sounds like tubes, try B&K Components. I had an ST-140 for many years and later upgraded to the B&K EX442 Sonata. When I sold the EX442, I quickly hooked up a pr of Paoli M60 monoblocks and was truly amazed at how much the EX442 sounded like the 8417 Paolis'. I've owned many tube amps over the years and B&K is probably the best value out there that sounds like tubes...but if you love tubes, than why not stick with a powerful tube amp like a KT88 or 6550 based amp.
"Tube-like" means different things to different people. To some, it means exceptional clarity and openness free of grain. To others, it means warm and fuzzy with a softened top end and an overall rounded sound.

Ecka, which definition do you use for "tube-like". Or if neither of mine fit your idea of "tube-like", how do you describe it?