Help choosing coupling caps

I have an Audioprism Mantissa tubed linestage and have upgraded the caps to teflons (Chris V V caps) amazing sound and very revealing

I'm now thinking of changing the caps on my dodds. i'm looking at v caps once again however the cost and revealing nature of these caps may become "too much of a good thing" and perhaps I should look at a similar quality cap that errs a bit on the neutral/warm side of things

Anyone have experience using different caps in conjunction with Chris Teflons
i'm in process of gathering information at this time any relevant input is very much appreciated
musicfile
Musicfile, FWIW, there is no such thing as 'too much detail'. Also FWIW a lot of people associate brightness with detail, the two have nothing to do with each other.

IOW you can have an extremely detailed system that is at the same time very relaxed and easy to listen to. The Teflon caps will help you get there, as they add to detail without also adding brightness, so you can get a relaxed sound.

However, due to the fact that you have to let the amp or preamp settle down after the upgrade, I would not ascribe any attributes to the system until a good amount of run time has elapsed. Otherwise you might never discover what was/is possible.
My experience with the Mundorf Silver in Oil and V-Caps leads me to believe you would like the V-Cap over the Mundorf. I find the Mundorfs to have a rising response (brightness) in upper mids and highs, others report the same. This will only make for a more anaylytical sound. I would use the V-caps in your amp, adjust with Duelunds in speaker.

I agree with Atmasphere, there is such thing as 'too much detail'. Proper tonality and maximum resolution should sound more natural, more lifelike. Sounds like you have tonality issues, V-Caps and Duelunds will only help overall tonality, both are really 'natural', there is really no downside to either one of these caps. Something else is wrong if your system doesn't improve with these caps. Now, if you're system was somewhat dark, I would expect the Mundorfs could be the best choice.
Atmasphere,

Thanks for the write up. Just for the record the Mundorfs are not paper in oil unless I read their homepage incorrectly.
I stand corrected! I have to assume that the paper and oil parts that I saw in their catalog a while back are no longer made.

I assumed from the size of the parts (they are used in the crossover of my speakers) that paper and oil was the technology.

So there would be no electrical leakage issue with the polypropylene parts.
Construction of SIO is somewhat ambiguous, as Mundorf mentions both polyprop and metalized paper construction:

"Our state-of-the-art metallised Polypropylen foils make it possible to maintain extremely exacting production tolerances that cannot be achieved with traditional oil/paper capacitor designs. This is also the first time that the benefits of oil-impregnated capacitor design have been successfully combined with the well-known long-term stability of metallised paper and internal series wiring for induction-free performance."

I believe the Silver/Gold version is dry, which may account for its temp rating to 85C, as compared to 65C for the oil versions. 65C could be problematic in a hot chassis.