mono versus stereo ampflication

If one has for example 8K to spend on ss amplification for a two channel system, would one in general be better off using a stereo amplifier of perhaps dual mono design or using a set of monoblocks. If the answer is "it depends" what then are the likely trade-offs of each option and on what does it depend?
Do you have any recommendations of specific products for either option for 92db, 8 to 4 ohm speakers?
Thanks for the input. I did find some discussion of this issue on threads that are three years old but nothing recent.
128x128gammajo
I believe the Pass INT 150 is based on the Pass X150.5 (or X150)amp and the new Pass XP-10 preamp, not the XA.5 amp. As such it switches from class A to AB. There are some very positive reviews out there. I own the XA100.5 monoblocks and think they are great, so I'm biased. If you have the budget, I would choose monoblocks for the reasons stated above.

I think Audiofeil is a dealer and made a rather provacative statement above. Perhaps he can comment further.
A compromise is a "Dual Mono" Stereo amp on one chassy. In the most extreme case you would have 2 power cords showing the two amps share only the case. The advantage of this approach is that it gives better separation while saving on cost of another case , etc. My MF NuVista has three power leads from the power supply, one for each channel of the power amp and a shared one for the preamp. You cannot use this approach to put the amps next to the speakers but it has some real world advantages. But be warned, what constitutes "Dual Mono " differs not only by company but by individual model within the same company. For example , MF has called "Dual Mono " both amps which have separate power transformers for each channel and ones that have separate windings on the same transformer. A case could be made for either but they are not the same.
You can purchase TRL M225 monoblock amps brand new for only $5500. They put out close to 300 watts per amp and I have not heard better. The TRL stereo amp, no longer being made, beat the new $7500 CJ Hybrid (ET250S) amp by a good margin when I heard them both side by side this weekend in my friends home.

The new monoblock amps from TRL are a big step up from the old stereo amp so that should give you a good idea on how good they are.

I am confident you will find the m225 amps as good as it gets regardless of $$$$. They sound great with a nice tube pre like your AH.
>>Perhaps he can comment further.<<

OK

Reputable companies such as Pass, Art Audio, Atma-Sphere, Bel Canto, Mastersound etc. etc. do not use cheaper parts in their stereo amps as compared to their monoblocks.

However for somebody to state categorically:

>>They normally have better bits and pieces inside of them as compared to their stereo counterpart<<

is BS as I noted.

My statement is hardly provocative.

Dealer disclaimer.
Many mono's do have better power supplies & transformers etc. They are "overbuilt" to a higher level if you will.