mono versus stereo ampflication

If one has for example 8K to spend on ss amplification for a two channel system, would one in general be better off using a stereo amplifier of perhaps dual mono design or using a set of monoblocks. If the answer is "it depends" what then are the likely trade-offs of each option and on what does it depend?
Do you have any recommendations of specific products for either option for 92db, 8 to 4 ohm speakers?
Thanks for the input. I did find some discussion of this issue on threads that are three years old but nothing recent.
128x128gammajo
You can purchase TRL M225 monoblock amps brand new for only $5500. They put out close to 300 watts per amp and I have not heard better. The TRL stereo amp, no longer being made, beat the new $7500 CJ Hybrid (ET250S) amp by a good margin when I heard them both side by side this weekend in my friends home.

The new monoblock amps from TRL are a big step up from the old stereo amp so that should give you a good idea on how good they are.

I am confident you will find the m225 amps as good as it gets regardless of $$$$. They sound great with a nice tube pre like your AH.
>>Perhaps he can comment further.<<

OK

Reputable companies such as Pass, Art Audio, Atma-Sphere, Bel Canto, Mastersound etc. etc. do not use cheaper parts in their stereo amps as compared to their monoblocks.

However for somebody to state categorically:

>>They normally have better bits and pieces inside of them as compared to their stereo counterpart<<

is BS as I noted.

My statement is hardly provocative.

Dealer disclaimer.
Many mono's do have better power supplies & transformers etc. They are "overbuilt" to a higher level if you will.
Going from the Aragon 8008BB to either of the Pass models you mentioned with the VR4 Sr's might be disappointing in the bass and dynamics but would sound more refined in the mids and highs.

The problem is the $8K budget for monoblocks. It can be done but you might have to get used or go to some of the class D amps for similar grunt as the Aragon. You could run dual Plinius SA-102's, in bridged/balanced mode for 400W/ch for about $3K each used, except you'll probably want a preamp with balanced outputs.
Responding to comments and questions:
Rleff - I am planning to use my Audio Horizons 2.0nB preamp in balanced mode and connect to Von Schweikert VR4Sr's by biwiring.

Peterayer - I heard the XA100.5's in a friends system a few weeks ago and they started this search for better amplification. They sounded (as part a a great system and room) incredible. Congratulations on your choice. I am trying to approach that sound a a bit lower the price. Best I understand from reviews the INT 150 was designed to function much like the XA.5's for the first watts

Grannyring - thank for recommending the TRL's. I will check them out. Have you heard them compared to Pass?

almarg - Great suggestion - I have been concerned with energy use,cost and heat with the class A, but am hearing from reviews that the XA.5 are a very significant improvement. Does make sense to see if I can to hear the difference in my system.

I thank everyone else as well for their input.