Anyone have problems w/McIntosh warranty

I live in the middle of no where/ mid-west USA,no local dealers within 100s of miles from me.I bought a NEW McIntosh amp from dealer and had it shipped to me.The dealer first asked me to verify that I had no local dealer and told me over the phone that all paperwork would be in the crate, to send in the warranty info supplied which I did..McIntosh informed me via a letter that because it was purchased over the phone and shipped to me the warranty is invalid/void..Im posting half in protest to their policies and the other half to warn potential buyers..Last time I buy McIntosh!!!!
missioncoonery
I hate to jump on the bandwagon becuase I feel your anger and disappointment, but Mcintosh is not the culprit here. This is a common policy of many high end companies that want to rightfully protect their dealers. Sometimes even if the dealer is authorized to sell the gear, he is not supposed to cross over into another dealers territory. Other companies will allow their dealers to sell the gear from a store only, but not over the internet! It sounds to me like you purchased your Mac from an unauthorized dealer or maybe it's grey market. I hope he gave you a good price!! You probably will never need the warranty anyway because it is so well made.
I would think by law they have to honor the warranty if it is new. A complaint to the http://www.bbb.com is in order. Law trumps policy.
I am guessing that your dealer did not have this in his store and placed the order with Mcintosh and had it shipped to you direct, otherwise, how would Macitosh know that you didn't just drive to the dealer and put the unit in your trunk? After reading Superhonestben's post, I have to agree that you should be entitled to the warranty unless the dealer is not authorized. Good Luck!
Why not send it back to the dealer and demand he take the piece back. If they are an authorized dealer they should know the McIntosh warranty policy.
Missioncoonery, I was reading this and feel for you and if what you have said is 100% accurate then Mac needs to give their head a shake along with getting their head out of the sand and wake up already.

If I was you I would write a letter to the president of Mac with what is going on and don't give in, this is absolutely absurd.

Make sure you put everything in writing so it is not hearsay so no one can say I didn't say that, you just never know.

What is your dealer doing for you regarding this matter?

This should be a concern and a RED FLAG for all dealers out there who deal with Mac and be a wake up call.