Anyone have problems w/McIntosh warranty

I live in the middle of no where/ mid-west USA,no local dealers within 100s of miles from me.I bought a NEW McIntosh amp from dealer and had it shipped to me.The dealer first asked me to verify that I had no local dealer and told me over the phone that all paperwork would be in the crate, to send in the warranty info supplied which I did..McIntosh informed me via a letter that because it was purchased over the phone and shipped to me the warranty is invalid/void..Im posting half in protest to their policies and the other half to warn potential buyers..Last time I buy McIntosh!!!!
missioncoonery
Your comments remind me of a problem I have. The closest Mac dealer to me is 250 miles away, and I inquired from a dealer elswhere if he would sell me a C48 Pre, explaining my problem that no way was I driving 500 miles round trip to buy one. A day or two later, the Western Regional Sales Manager contacted me by e-mail, and said that anytime I was ready to buy, he would contact a dealer in Seattle to sell to me and the warranty would apply. He also stated he understood my situation, and although not standard practice for Mac, they would do this in my case. Maybe try appealing to your local regional sales manager and explain the problem to him. Can't hurt.
This is outrageous! I've never heard of such a thing. I would contact the head of the service department and talk to him directly. I can understand a manufacturer not wanting to warranty 'grey market' products or products that run on 220Vac as that would be considered a European product. I also understand the problem of having a dealer ship you a product when there was a dealer in you area you could have purchased it from. However, this is not the case in either instance. If you don't get any satisfaction by talking to the manufacturer you may have recourse with the dealer who sold you the unit as it could constitute fraud on their part since they never informed you this would be a problem prior to your purchase. Since they are an authorized dealer/agent for McIntosh. That being said, you never did explain what the problem was with your amp.
I guess people who live in remote areas and who are unable to travel an unreasonable distance are not worthy of owning a new Mac product. McIntosh should put that on their website.