quiet hiss in backround?

i have a quiet hissing from speakers when no music is playing and i am sure it is there when music is on but hard to hear. it drives me crazy! i always attributed it to normal noise from my amplifier but i wonder what you folks think? is it a power issue? the amp is a krell fpb600c, dedicated line, no power conditioning (a small quiet line by audio prism (parallel power line filter) is all. is this normal?
richard_stacy
You bet. One final note I don't think you have to spend more and may not even have to change from Krell. Contact them I bet they'll be able to help. If not there are other manufacturers out there that may solve your issue w/o increasing your costs or compromising quality.

BTW I agree with your SACD comments. A good SACD can be incredible.
Me too. However there are probably 1-2 hiss/hum questions a day so maybe everyone is burnt out. You could try re-posting with a more grabbing title. Put Krell in the question and pose the title as a challenge. Like "My Krell hisses, help diagnose & suggest silent comparable amps". That will get a big group of people reading it.
true and kind of funny! people here love to hate on krell. not sure why that is although i suspect it is the size of the company and how long they have been around. time tends to bring out haters....they also love to hate on wilson and funny how i ended up with both!
mike i also have no intention of replacing it. i love the sound of it and would live with the subtle hiss before i moved to another amp. i do hate the size and weight and hope to never pick it up again.