Preamp for my system...Please

Hello,

This is my first 2 channel sytem. Need help with preamp selection.

This is what I have:

B&W 802d
(2) Spectron musician 3 Mark 2 SE with bybee upgrade amps as monoblocks
Cary 306 Pro SACD
Transparent Ultra biwire cables.

I was just doing Hiome Theater before, but want to start listening to more music
128x128mikeba316
Try to look for a pre-owned EAR Yoshino 868Linesage for I recommend 834Phonostage.
If your interested in tubes maybe atmasphere's MP3 or audiovalve's Eclipse might work for you.
Mike I had always ahd a solid state system top to bottom. And I wanted to add a 2 channel pre-amp with unity gain and decided to take a run at tubes. I bought a Audio Research LS26 about 650 hours ago and am very happy with the sound. I had been advised if I was to try tubes to do the pre-amp first and I can atest that I was given good advice. I looked at the McIntosh C2300 and the rest of my system is Mcintosh Pre/pro and amps and I think the LS26 was the right choice. People that I talked to about the C2300 advised me to go with a C2200 but it didn't have unity gain so I jumped brands, take a look at ARC.
Thanks for the responses so far. I will start researching these recommendations. I forgot to mention that I would like HT pass-through since I will still want that system for video.
given your system, I will suggest Cary SLP-05. I have heard Cary in dealer show room only, but my impression, like most, was very positive and found Cary to be musical and warm. I had ARC Ref 3 in my system for a short while, also heard it in several friends' systems. It's neutral but also casts its own sound. do a search on this forum to find out what are the negative comments of Ref3.

Both Spectron and B&W are on the leaner side of sound, Cary should complement the system well. if you don't mind not having XLR, try Conrad Johnson as well. I also like SF Line 3SE.